Vicenza, Italy. Sept. 10, 2020. The three-day live trade-only jewelry fair Vicenzaoro VOICE takes place Sept. 12–14 and represents the first major live show to occur in the industry since late February. Italian Exhibition Group, which organizes Vicenzaoro and VOICE, are debuting this event in response to exhibitor outreach and a desire to resume show activities with the national and international supply chain. VOICE stands for the Vicenzaoro International Community Event and is an obvious name for the platform it offers and because the letter V symbolizes a return to growth after Italy’s seven months of lockdown.
Those supporting the fair include The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia ICE – the Italian Trade Agency, and CIBJO, the World Jewellery Confederation, among many others. Participating brands include Roberto Coin, Damiani, and more. Swiss watch producers Corumand Victorinoxas well as German brand Junghans will also be present.
VOICE will be both a summit for discussion on themes like sustainability while also serving as a showroom for more than 300 companies to display their newest offerings. Buyers both in person—from countries without restrictions on travel to Italy—and virtually visiting will enjoy talks and trends in a manner that is most comfortable to them. Online visitors can set up brand meetings in Buyer Virtual Rooms through IMOP, which is IEG’s Meeting Omnichannel Platform. Meanwhile, talks and seminars will take place live but will also be streamed on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook.
Safety measures include a #safebusiness protocol, details of which are visible at this link. Protocols include:
- Temperature checks on the public using thermo scanners and a sanitization route.
- Temperature checks for catering staff as well as gloves, face masks, disposable overalls, skip-the-line payment apps, single portion lunch and coffee boxes, and a coded delivery system to the stands.
- Touchless access into the show (with online payments permitted).
- High standards of hygiene and sanitization such as bathrooms sanitized on a continuous cycle and frequently changed air-conditioning filters.
- Digital and onsite management of visitor flow with a fixed number of guests permitted per aisle to guarantee social distancing and the safety of the people in the halls.
- The mandatory wearing of face masks and mask distribution points on the show floor.
- Sanitized shuttle transports between the airport, hotels, and expo centers, and cleaning of shared bike and electric scooters in accordance with hotels and local territories.
- Scheduled entries according to hall capacity.
- Multiple entrances into the show and extended trade show opening times.
- Coat check with automatic rack and disposable individual coverings.
A strict crisis-management protocol is also in place to define on-site behavior should suspected cases arise. IEG employees and trade show staff have undergone training for the safe execution of their duties and for the benefit of others; IEG staffers will also use personal protective equipment.
Moreover, IEG is working with the Global Biorisk Advisory Council program (a division of the International Sanitary Supply Association for cleaning industries) for international sanitization efforts. This move mitigates Covid-19 risks through standard cleaning procedures, using equipment and select products, and through to the management of waste produced by the cleaning activities.
For more information, contact Michela Moneta at firstname.lastname@example.org.